Nevada County Indian Education provides supports to meet the unique educational and culturally related academic needs of American Indian and Alaskan Natives, so that these students can achieve to the same challenging state standards as all students.
- Any student meeting the US Department of Education, Office of Indian Education, Form 506 current criteria.
- Improve the achievement of elementary and secondary school students
- Ensure equal access to services leading to such improvement, particularly those who are educationally disadvantaged such as Native Americans
- Individual tutoring/mentoring for children identified as being below grade level
- School advocacy by Program Coordinator and/or Education Liaison
- Advisement from Parent Committee
- Implementation of Quarterly Native Family Nights featuring cultural activities linked to State standards.
- Collaboration with local tribes as well as Native organizations and programs to broaden services
Parent Council Meetings
Indian Education Coordinator
Email: Refer to staff directory
Tel: (530) 478-6400 x. 2020
Fax: (530) 478-6410
380 Crown Point Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945