Download 2022-2023 ILP Calendar
The Nevada County Foster Youth Independent Living Program, in partnership with Nevada County Social Services, provides activities directed towards one goal: assisting youth (ages 16-21) that are or were in foster care or probation out of home placement to become self-sufficient adults.
Any youth who was in a foster care placement, a guardianship with court dependency or probation out of home placement AT ANY TIME after their sixteenth birthday is eligible for ILP. They will remain eligible for ILP until their 21st birthday. Referrals to the program typically are generated by social services or juvenile probation.
- One-on-one case management focused on career development, higher education, housing and life skills.
- Life Skills classes covering budgeting, job skills, housing options, health, social skills, and self-advocacy.
- Opportunities for financial incentives by participating in the program. Youth are recognized for accomplishments such as: high school graduation, gaining/sustaining employment, attendance at life skills classes setting and keeping goals, etc.
- Fieldtrips to institutions of higher learning.
- Opportunities for positive recreational outings.
- Referrals to community resources and connections.
Phone: (530) 478-6400 x.2020
Fax: (530) 478-6410
380 Crown Point Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945