Please check out our Padlet for additional resources.
Nevada County Foster Youth Services provides students in out-of-home placements with the resources needed to achieve their maximum educational and vocational potential and well-being through a holistic, multidisciplinary and collaborative approach.
Any child Kindergarten through 12th grade, living in an out-of-home placement, whether in formal or informal foster care, who is in need of school support. Children, infants to 5 who exhibit early learning lags may be referred for evaluation for services to support early interventions.
- Timely and appropriate school placement for each foster youth
- Academic success for all foster youth
- Foster youth who are able to advocate for their own needs
- Successful transition to independent living or higher education
- Creation of Health and Education Passports to facilitate enrollment
- One-on-one tutoring/mentoring for academic and personal success
- Working as one with the Foster Youth Independent Living Program (ILP)
- Broad collaboration with all partners in the community: Social Services, Probation, Behavioral Health, Courts, Schools, Non-Profits, and Foster/KinCare providers
Download Class Calendar: Foster Kinship Care Education Class Calendar 2023-24
These podcasts were completed by our local community members that resided in care at some point of their lives. They truly want to spark conversation and make a way for change. They give us insight from their own experiences and suggestions that could potentially change foster care forever.
As our Shelter dogs crew continues to grow their exposure, they have officially launched their new logo (design was created by the podcast participants). They were recently guests featured on “Educationally Speaking” the KVMR radio show with Scott Lay where they discussed more of the podcast and its participants. They have met and finished two more podcasts that are uplifting and give hope during this holiday season for our foster youth and our community. They are still requesting feedback, comments, topic suggestions, and success stories to be sent to them via email@example.com. Please share this with your friends, family, coworkers and community.
Helpful links for Foster Youth Services
Melissa Balderston, Coordinator
Foster Youth Services
380 Crown Point Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Tel: (530) 478-6400 x. 2020
FAX: (530) 478-6410