2020 Dates To Be Announced
September 23, 2019
NCSOS is proud to offer professional development for Nevada County schools. Our theme this year is “Cultivate Resilience”.
We are excited to have Ricky Robertson as the keynote speaker. Ricky Robertson is the co-author of the book “Building Resilience in Students Impacted by Adverse Childhood Experiences: A Whole-staff Approach”. The workshop is geared toward educators and all staff and will help us become more knowledgeable about how ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) impact teaching and learning, incorporate instructional strategies that build resiliency, promote growth mindset, and develop social-emotional skills.
- NOTE: Due to the limited number of parking spaces at the Vets Hall, we encourage you to meet your co-workers at your school site and CARPOOL to the Vets Hall.
Registration deadline is September 5th. Participants will receive a confirmation email after the deadline.
We ask that ALL (administrators, staff, educators, etc.) that plan on attending, sign up on the OMS system so we can get an accurate seating and meal count.
Please be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page after selecting your sessions and click “update session” to SAVE your choices.
How to register
1. If you do not already have one – create a username and password within the OMS system –http://nevco.k12oms.org/login.php. IF you already have a user name and password, go to step 2
2. Using your username and password, register for breakfast (optional) and the keynote presentation. The general session adjourns at noon. If you are in Special Ed/SELPA, you are welcome to sign up for lunch (optional) and attend the afternoon session “IEP Basics, IEP Note Taking Tips, and LRE” at the following link – http://nevco.k12oms.org/2029-173583
Professional Development Day Schedule
- 7:45 – 8:30 Optional hot breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, hash browns, fruit salad, danishes/breads/muffins/bagels and yogurt. Please sign up for breakfast after checking with your administrator to ensure your school/district will cover the $12.00 cost. Please note – if you cannot eat ingredients in the meals or your school/district won’t cover the cost you are welcome to bring in your own brown bag breakfast/lunch.
- 8:30 – 10:00 Keynote Presentation: Ricky Robertson – Building Resilience in Students Impacted by Adverse Childhood Experiences: A Whole-staff Approach
- 10:00 – 10:20 Break
- 10:20 – 12:00 Continuation of Keynote Presentation
- 12:00 Adjourn
PM Session: SPECIAL EDUCATION/SELPA ATTENDEES ONLY
- 12:00 – 1:00 Optional Lunch for SELPA session attendees only. Taco bar: ground beef, chicken, refried beans, Spanish rice with topping choices – shredded cheese, onions, nacho cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, olives & jalapenos. Please sign up after checking with your administrator to ensure your school/district will cover the $14.00 cost. Please note – if you cannot eat ingredients in the meals or your school/district won’t cover the cost you are welcome to bring in your own brown bag lunch.
- 1:00 – 3:30 SELPA Workshop: “IEP Basics, IEP Note Taking Tips, and LRE”
Guest Speaker-Marcy L. Gutierrez/Attorney at Law (Lozano Smith)
Hosted by: Debbie Morris
Description: This session will be presented by Marcy Gutierrez. She is an attorney for Lozano Smith, specializing in Special Education Law. The goal of this session is to help you gain up to date knowledge and confidence necessary to write, implement, and conduct and IEP. It will also provide insight and the importance of providing the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
OPTIONAL CPR/AED/First Aid/Epi-Pen Class – (SPACE IS LIMITED)
This program is designed for all administrators, coaches, physical educators, teachers and instructional aides and secretaries responsible for CPR/AED/First Aid in the schools. This class will also fulfill the obligations of training for individuals identified by your school to be trained in epinephrine auto-injector administration for students experiencing anaphylaxis in the school setting.
The goal of this program is to help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to manage a medical emergency until more advanced help is available. In this one-hour workshop, you will receive epi-pen training and demonstrate the skills check portion of the CPR certification.
**Participants must complete the on-line knowledge based CPR/First Aid course prior to attendance. Participants will receive log-in information via email after 9/5/19. The on-line course should take approximately 2 hours. District will be invoiced for the cost of the certification which is $20.00. The district will be charged upon receiving the link, so we will be unable to accept cancellations.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR ONE CPR SESSION ONLY:
- 1:00 – 2:00 Session A – Location: Remembrance Hall (room behind the Grass Valley Vets Hall stage).
- 2:15 – 3:15 Session B – Location: Remembrance Hall (room behind the Grass Valley Vets Hall stage).