Nevada County Indian Education provides supports to meet the unique educational and culturally related academic needs of American Indian and Alaskan Natives, so that these students can achieve to the same challenging state standards as all students.
Any student meeting the US Department of Education, Office of Indian Education, Form 506 current criteria.
- Download Title VII Student Eligibility Certification (506 form; exp 2019)
- Improve the achievement of elementary and secondary school students
- Ensure equal access to services leading to such improvement , particularly those who are educationally disadvantaged such as Native Americans
- Individual tutoring/mentoring for children identified as being below grade level
- School advocacy by program coordinator
- Advisement from Parent Committee
- Implementation of monthly Native Family Nights featuring cultural activities linked to State standards.
- Collaboration with Nevada County Native TANF and the Sierra Native Alliance to broaden services
Click here to download program brochure: Download FYS/IE/ILP Brochure 2017
Indian Education Coordinator- Melissa Marcum
Grass Valley, CA 95945