Nevada County Foster Kinship Care Education Program, in partnership with Sierra College and Nevada County Health and Human Services, offers quality education and support opportunities for care givers of children and youth in foster care to learn how they can meet their children’s educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs.
Any care provider to children living in an out-of-home placement, whether in formal or informal foster care. Any interested community members or prospective foster parents.
- Care givers well informed of the unique needs of children and youth in placement.
- Caregivers well versed in parenting skills and effective and appropriate strategies for the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental success of the children placed with them.
- Caregivers knowledgeable in working with Social Services, Probation, Behavioral Health, the courts and the schools including permanency planning, reunification, and emancipation.
- Monthly foster parent trainings
- Monthly kinship care education and support group meeting
- Monthly newsletter
Download Class Calendar: Coming Soon – call Sharon Shafran at 503-478-6400 ext. 2025
Foster Kinship Care Education
380 Crown Point Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Tel: (530) 478-6400 ext 2020
FAX: (530) 478-6410