SIERRA COLLEGE CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (Nevada County Campus)
The mission of the Child Development Center (CDC) is to provide an exemplary learning environment for the children of students, staff, and community members. The CDC also provides a demonstration laboratory setting for enrolled Sierra College students, while collaborating with community agencies and is a valuable resource to provide an exemplary early childhood education model.
Download Child Development Brochure
The Toddler Program enrolls children ages 18-36 months. Hours are 8:00 – 5:00, year round. The teacher-child ratio is 1:4. Enrollment is free to income eligible families.
The Preschool program enrolls children 3-5 years. Hours are 8:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m., August to June. The teacher-child ratio is 1:8. Enrollment is free to income eligible families.
Interested families can visit the center and obtain application information at the front desk or call (530) 274-5350.
The Child Development Center is administered by a collaborative partnership including the Nevada County Superintendant of Schools Office, Placer Community Action Council-Kidz Kount,Inc., Early Head Start/Head Start, Sierra College, and the California State Preschool Program.
Child Development Center – Sierra College (Nevada County Campus)
250 Sierra College Drive
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Morgan Best, Site Director
(530) 274-5352, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teena Corker, Program Director
Associate Superintendent of Educational Services
Nevada County Office of Education
(530) 478-6400, email@example.com
Child Development Center Staff
- Morgan Best, Site Director
- Angelina Borden, Toddler Teacher
- April Minick, Family Advocate
- Collette Davies, Associate Preschool Teacher I
- Concepcion Rubalcava, Associate Preschool Teacher II
- Geselle Bauer, Associate Preschool Teacher I
- Joellyn Calderon, Nutritional Aide
- Katie Foss, Site Supervisor
- Kayla Maldonado, Associate Preschool Teacher II
- Michelle Walters, Associate Preschool Teacher II
- Rachel Jasper, Associate Toddler Teacher
- Rachel Nelson, Site Supervisor
- Stephanie Mashburn, Toddler Teacher