The County Committee on School District Organization has a major role in the review and approval of proposals to change school district organization in the county. The County Committee shall conduct public hearings on petitions to reorganize school districts and shall either approve, disapprove or make recommendations to the State Board of Education as appropriate, regarding such petitions; and the County Committee shall formulate plans and recommendations for the organization or reorganization of school districts in the county or any portion thereof, including if appropriate, a portion of one or more adjacent counties. The County Committee exists under the authority of the California Constitution and acts of the legislature of the State of California and the regulations of the California State Board of Education.
- County Committee Agendas and Meeting Schedule
- County Committee on School District Organization Roster
- County Committee Questions and Answers
- County Committee Bylaws – Download Bylaws
- County Committee Handbook (http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/lr/do/#chapter1)